By Executive Chef Jeff King
Today I will share with you my recipe for a Thai classic, spicy green papaya salad.
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts , roughly chopped
- 1-3 Thai chilies , minced (optional)
- 3/4 cup roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cups peeled and shredded green papaya
Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir until the sugar has almost dissolved.
Add the grated garlic, peanuts, and the chilies (if using).
Add the tomatoes pressing down a little bit with a spoon to release some juice.
Finally, add the papaya and toss everything together.