By Executive Chef Jeff King
Today I will teach you how to make Thai basil chicken.
This is a budget friendly and healthy meal that is also very easy and quick to prepare.
· 4 chicken breast (cut into 1inch cubes )
· 1 cup cornstarch
· 5 cloves of garlic
· 4 Thai chilies
· 1 tablespoon oil for frying
· 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
· ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
· 1 splash of sweet soy sauce
· ½ teaspoon sugar
· 1 handful of Thai holy basil leaves
Dust cubed chicken breast in cornstarch. Place oil in a large pan or wok and heat at medium high heat. Fry chicken cubes till golden brown. Drain and set aside. Put pan back on stove with a little bit of oil. Place garlic and chili in pan and saute for 20 seconds. Add chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sweet soy and sugar and saute for another 3-4 mins. Finish with thai basil leaves and serve with rice.